|I am Level||←||Yojimbrawl||→||No, Birdie, No!|
|Developer||Black Ships Fill the Sky|
|Released:||April 28, 2014|
|Featured:||August 8, 2014|
Deon van Heerden
Yojimbrawl is a local multiplayer fighting game created for Ludum Jam 29 by Black Ships Fill the Sky. It was featured on Pixel Love on August 4, 2014.
- A and D keys - Move left/right
- W key - Jump
- T key - Attack / Start the game (at the start screen)
- Left and right arrow keys - Move left/right
- Up arrow key - Jump
- Comma key - Attack
Players take control of an individual fighter, two of which oppose each other on either side of the screen. The fighter's hit points are indicated by bright coloured circles: yellow for one player, and blue for the other. The circles turn red and disappear for each hit one player lands on their opponent. When all circles are red for one player, that player's fighter dies, and a stone tablet falls on their side of the screen. Another fighter then descends, with one more hit point than the previous fighter.
Both players start with four hit points; their maximum is eight.
|Click [show] to view this video|
- The game's name is a pun on "yojimbo", a term in Japanese which means bodyguard.
- ↑ Approximate release date, based on Ludum Jam 29's end date