|...:D||←||Sydney Hunter||→||Ripple Dot Zero|
|Released:||June 14, 2013 (Newgrounds)|
|Featured:||July 29, 2013|
|No. of levels:||10|
| Game development|
Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death, or Sydney Hunter for short, is an adventure platformer released on Newgrounds on June 14, 2013 by Studio Piña. It was featured on Pixel Love on July 29, 2013. The game is about a geologist named Sydney Hunter, who must escape from a cave where the volcano god has awaken.
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- Up and down arrow keys - Climb
- X key - Jump
- Z key - Throw boomerang
There are ten levels, known as "rounds", in Sydney Hunter. All levels must be completed in one sitting, and will reset to level 1 if the player closes the game.
Throughout each level, Sydney Hunter is trying to find the treasures necessary to unlock cavern doors to make it out of the cave safely. Some levels involve Sydney outrunning rising lava while climbing on vines.
Sydney Hunter, geologist and adventurer, finds himself trapped inside of an ancient volcanic cavern.
Long ago, the caverns were used by natives who practiced ritualistic human sacrifice to appease their volcano god.
Unfortunately, for Sydney, the volcano god has awoken from it's [sic] 1000 year slumber, and demands another sacrifice.
Armed only with his trusty boomerang, Sydney must fend off the creatures of the caverns while seeking out the treasures necessary to escape.
- Bats - Fly in a wide loop within the perimeter of the screen that they exist on.
- Frogs - These enemies constantly crouch and leap into the air, within Sydney's path.
- Slime drops - A transparent slime-like substance that will drop from the ceiling when approached.
- Skeletons - Ghostly figures that often appear in an enclosed area, and take multiple hits to kill.
- Vines - Serve as ladders that Sydney can climb up and down on.
- Ropes - Hang over wide gaps; Sydney can use his boomerang to slide across these.
- Pedestals - An artifact must be placed here to open a path or receive another artifact.
- Treasure - Pieces of artifacts that are sometimes required to be placed in a pedestal.
- Gems - Collected for points.
- Pineapples - Grant Sydney an extra life.
- Droplets - Hazardous liquid that drips from a single stalactite.
- Lava - A red substance found near the bottom-most ground. When the last piece of treasure necessary to lift a door is collected, the lava will start to rise.
Sydney Hunter uses music from Audionautix and incompetech as its background tracks.
|Credits - "Happy Little Elves" by AudionAutix||Game - "Confused State" by Kevin Macleod|
|Victory - "Light Sting" by Kevin Macleod||Lava/Boss levels - "Fight Scene" by AudionAutix|