|Released:||March 9, 2014 (Newgrounds)|
|Featured:||April 21, 2014|
| Art & Design|
Programming & Design
Shybot is a Metroidvania released on Newgrounds on March 9, 2014 by Skudge. It was featured on Pixel Love on April 21, 2014. The game is about a robot who escapes his home after being teased, and ends up in an unknown place.
- Left and right arrow keys - Move left/right
- Up or Z key - Jump
- X key - Use drill (when obtained)
The player uses the arrow keys to guide the robot around the unfamiliar world. Throughout the game, certain powerups and alien goo can be acquired.
The Outer Planet
World of Solitude
- Alien goo - Unlocks a collectible bucket.
- Moving blocks - Move out and retract, allowing the robot to stand on them.
- Cracked rocks - Obstruct certain passageways. They can only be destroyed with a drill.
- Spikes - Hurt the robot on contact
- Spikebots - Enemies with spikes on their heads. They can be killed with the drill powerup.
- Boulders - Drop down when the robot approaches.
- Cart robot - Walks back and forth within the enclosed space.
- Boulder robot - Picks up large rocks and drops them on the ground.
- Alien sphere - Bounces vertically, flashing lightning periodically. It can be pushed around.
Most tracks in Shybot are reused multiple times throughout the game for different purposes. Three of the tracks play in specific areas despite this.
|Menu/Boss||Game - "Carefree Sprint"|
|Game - Misty Caverns||Game - Shifting Temple|