March 6, 2010 (Kongregate)
|Featured:||January 27, 2014|
|Website(s):||MaxGames, Not Doppler, Kongregate|
Scamper Ghost is a game released in 2009 by Stolengoose.com. It was featured on Pixel Love on January 27, 2014. The goal of the game is to avoid ghosts while collecting as many coins as possible.
Scamper Ghost is played continuously and ends when all lives have been lost. It takes place within one screen entirely. The player controls a blue smiley face that is moved around the level directly with the movement of the mouse. Coins appear in random locations around the arena and are constantly replaced as they are collected.
Briefly after commencing a level, enemies enter from a sliding door in the middle of the arena. Additional varieties of enemies as well as an increased number of previously introduced ones are added as the game progresses, reducing the free space that the smiley face can move around in.
- Pink ghosts - The smallest sized enemies that move in straight trajectories and bounce off edges when they hit them.
- Red ghosts - Medium sized ghosts that track the smiley face's movements and follow at a steady pace. They cannot pass through other enemies.
- Yellow ghosts - Follow the smiley face more quickly than red ghosts for a short period of time, then come to a stop and rest in a random location.
- Coins - Golden objects that increase the player's score and contribute to their slow motion power bar. Collecting fifty of them grants an extra life.
- Orbs - A glowing blue object that gives the temporary ability to eat ghosts by moving into them.