|Santaman & His Iced Muffins||←||Resort Empire||→||Pixel Quest|
|Developer||Little Giant World|
|Released:||March 21, 2013 (Newgrounds)|
|Featured:||December 29, 2014|
|Data saved:||Autosaved by day|
Resort Empire is an isometric simulation game released on Newgrounds on March 21, 2013 by Little Giant World. It was featured on Pixel Love on December 29, 2014. The player runs a resort in which they build to gain popularity.
The player uses the mouse to select and place booths in the resort area. In the same manner, they can also place tiles for decoration or to give visitors access to the different booths. Over time, visitors come to the resort and may stay in the accommodations or use the facilities, which earns the player some money. Players use the money they earn to build additional booths or upgrade existing ones that attract more visitors.
The game plays continuously, with a statistics screen appearing at the end of each day that can be toggled on or off. The statistics screen provides a detailed report of the day's expenses and earnings, and the player's overall profit for that day. When the day ends, the game auto-saves, allowing players to continue their game to the next day.
From left to right:
- The player's name as provided at the start of the game is displayed above their Research Points.
- A yellow star with a number inside it indicates the rating of the resort. Having more stars allows the player to unlock additional upgrades. The player can reach a maximum level of 11.
- The blue buttons to the right of the star allow the player to view all of a certain category of people, booths or plants. By using this tool, players can upgrade booths or quick jump to a particular visitor or janitor.
- The smaller picture with the skeleton of a building can be used to hide all buildings on the map, leaving only tiles, visitors and garbage visible. This can also be toggled using the Q key.
Tools appear as small square-shaped buttons and are displayed vertically on the left side of the screen.
- Show tips - This brings out a popup on the left side of the screen showing tips on how to play the game. Tips are gradually unlocked as the player progresses.
- Select arrow - Toggles the select tool, which lets players select booths or tiles by clicking with the mouse.
- Drag screen with mouse - Toggles the drag tool, which can be used to click and hold to move the map view.
- Build Room - Allows the player to build a room of their choice.
- Build Facility - Allows the player to build a facility of their choice.
- Create Plant - The player can use this tool to create a plant on any green tile.
- Create Tile - Lets the player make walkable tiles for visitors or non-walkable tiles for plants.
- Create Janitor's Room - Allows the player to create one janitor's room.
- Expand the Resort - Gives the player the option of expanding the size of the resort, allowing them to place more booths and tiles inside.
- Resort Upgrade - Lets the player choose upgrades that affect visitors, facilities and rooms. By purchasing upgrades, new facilities are unlocked.
- At the far left, a clock with a constantly moving minute hand is seen, indicating the time of day. The current day the player is on is indicated underneath.
- View Statistic - Shows the income, expenses and gains/losses. This popup can also automatically be displayed at the end of each day.
- View Legend - Displays information on what the speech bubbles of the visitors represent.
- View Achievements - Displays a list of achievements the player can obtained or has already obtained.
- Settings - Brings up a popup of external game settings the player can configure.
- Facebook button - This brings up a list of links to the developer and sponsor's Facebook pages. Liking the pages earns the player extra money and RP.
Visitors arrive to the resort in either singles or pairs. Some visitors will book a room, which allows them to spend more money and stay longer in the resort. Other visitors enter the resort to solely use the facilities.
Special visitors arrive by chance when certain requirements are fulfilled. Players are always notified upon their arrival in the top right corner of the game screen. Unlike regular visitors, special visitors have sparkles around their entire body and a separate tab within the "Visitors" menu. These visitors spend more time than a regular visitor inside the resort and carry more money overall. There are five unique special visitors, whose prerequisites are listed in the game's legend.
|Anne Hat Away||
Missions appear at the bottom of the screen, which give the player money when they fulfill certain requirements. The missions always appear in the same order and with the same rewards for each playthrough of the game. There are ninety missions in total.
|Build a room on your resort||$500|
|Connected room with main road||$500|
|Put a plant on your resort||$500|
|Build a facility on your resort||$750|
|Put a plant on grass tile||$750|
|Have at least 1 visitor stayed on your resort||$750|
|Hire at least 1 cleaning service||$500|
|Total money $2500||$1000|
|Have 12 plants on your resort||$1000|
|Have total 8 facilities and rooms on your resort||$2500|
|Have 4 cleaning service staffs on your resort||$1500|
|Have 20 plants on your resort||$1000|
|Have 8 booked rooms on your resort||$1000|
|Earn $1000 profit at end day||$1000|
|Have 12 rooms on your resort||$5000|
|Upgrade at least one facility||$4000|
|Have customers using facility 25 times in a day||$2000|
|Served your first meal||$2000|
|Build 5 booth ‘types’ of facility||$5000|
|Have one Janitor’s Room with full upgrade||$2500|
|Have 3 janitors with full promote||$3000|
|Have 3 facilities with 2 stars or more||$1200|
|Have 10 maple trees||$1200|
|Have 3 Cottages with two stars or more||$4000|
|Reach 5 Resort’s Stars||$5000|
|Have one lodge room||$1500|
|Have your first special visitor inside your resort||$3500|
|Have at least 10 booths unlocked||$1500|
|Expand your resort land||$5000|
|Earn $2500 profit at end day||$1500|
|Have total 15 facilities||$12500|
|Have at least 4 lodge||$3000|
|Have 25 visitors inside your resort||$3000|
|Have 40 plants on your resort||
|Have 3 facilities with full upgrade||
|Have customers using facility 80 times in a day||$2000|
|Upgrade your lobby room||$5000|
|Have at least 2 Giftshops||$1000|
|Spend $15000 money in a day||$5000|
|Have 15 booked rooms on your resort||$7000|
|Have all kind of minibooths||$2500|
|Have total 35 facilities and rooms on your resort||$15000|
|Have at least 1 Medical Center||$3000|
|Have at least 1 full upgrade Jacuzzi||$4500|
|Have 20 rooms on your resort||$6500|
|Have 4 Janitor's Room with full upgrade||$3500|
|"Medical Center(s)" has been used 11 times||$2500|
|Ann Hat Away inside your resort||$7000|
|Have at least 1 West restaurant||$2500|
|Have at least 3 full upgrade cottage||$4500|
|Have customers using facility 110 times in a day||$7000|
|Have 7 facilities with full upgrade $7500||$7500|
|Have at least 2 Minimarket||$5000|
|'Mr. Rock' inside your resort||$7000|
|There are 10 couples inside your resort||$3000|
|Have 3 Lodges with two stars or more||$4500|
|Have 50 visitors inside your resort||$3250|
|Expand your resort land twice||$10,000|
|Have 70 plants on your resort||$4000|
|'Minimarket(s)' has been used 100 times||$3500|
|'Medical Center(s)' has been used 55 times||$5000|
|Have at least 1 full upgrade Lodge||$5000|
|Total money $100,000||$10,000|
|'Naomi Volts' inside your resort||$7000|
|Have at least 15 lodge||$5000|
|Have 15 booth 'types' of facility||$10,000|
|Have customers using facility 200 times in a day||$2000|
|Have total 60 booths||$15,000|
|Your lobby has been used 750 times||$5000|
|Janitor staffs clean 5 trash in one day||$3000|
|'Robert Fatinson' inside your resort||$7000|
|Have 10 rooms with full upgrade||$15,000|
|Have 90 plants on your resort||$4000|
|Have at least 1 Medical Center with two stars or more||$4000|
|'Jason State' inside your resort||$7000|
|Buy all extra upgrades||$50,000|
|Have Swimming Pool and Golf||$10,000|
|'Minimarket(s)' has been used 250 times||$6000|
|Build all kind of booth on your resort||$25,000|
|Have 2 special visitors inside your resort||$10,000|
|Janitor staffs clean 10 trash in one day||$3000|
|Have 20 janitors with full promote||$6000|
|At least 12 achievements completed||$10,000|
|Have 120 plants on your resort||$4000|
|Have at least 1 Medical Center with full upgrade||$9000|
|Have at 75 visitors inside your resort||$3000|
|Fully upgrade your lobby room||$10,000|
|Have at least 1 full upgrade Swimming Pool||$9000|
|Have at least 3 special visitors inside your resort||$4000|
|All missions completed||$100,000|
Main article: Booths
|Game (Day music)||Game (Night music)|
|Game (Alternate day music)|
Little Giant World released a trailer for Resort Empire on February 20, 2013.