|Released:||April 5, 2014 (Newgrounds)|
|Featured:||April 14, 2014|
|Control scheme:||Mouse, Keyboard|
Killer Corral is a defense game released on Newgrounds by Skudge on April 5, 2014. It was featured on Pixel Love on April 14, 2014. The player's protagonist is given the job of protecting pigs from attacking aliens by planting seeds.
- Mouse left click - Shoot seed
- Mouse right click - Plant seed
- S key - Walk through pigs
- A and D keys - Move horizontally
- W key - Jump
The player's task throughout the game is to defend the pigs in the farm from enemies. Players are given seeds that they can plant anywhere on the ground. After a while, seeds sprout sets of bullets which players collect for extra ammunition. The bullets are used to shoot the aliens that approach from either side on the ground as well as in the sky.
Seed planting and gun shooting both have cool down times. This duration can be decreased by obtaining upgrades.
- Adventure Mode - Progresses through levels as days. Each day adds a pig and increases farm size. Players purchase upgrades with the pigs they have in their farm, but must keep at least one pig within the game. Seeds and aliens are introduced gradually into the game through this mode.
- Endless Mode - Unlocked when the player reaches day 6. The player is given only one pig and all four seeds. A timer keeps track of how long the mode has been running for. Periodically, crates drop from the sky, and collecting these adds an upgrade or increases farm size. The game continues until the pig has been abducted or loses all its health.
All enemies in Killer Corral are aliens.
- Walking aliens - Moves at a steady rate across the screen on the ground.
- Saucer aliens - Beam pigs up when over one.
- Thief aliens - Steal plants from the player's farm.
Seeds must be planted in the garden before they can grow into ammunition for the protagonist. Once the bullets are collected, the plant will grow the same amount of bullets after a period of time. Any ammunition collected in Adventure Mode is carried on to the next day.
All bullets, when shot, have a recoil phase that causes the protagonist to be pushed back, away from the direction the bullets were shot in.
- Silver - Shoots bullets at a steady rate.
- Peas - Has infinite ammunition, but has the longest gun cooldown time out of all the plants.
- Gold - Shoots a cluster of three bullets.
- Grenade - Shoots a single bullet that gives off an explosion on impact.
Killer Corral has a chiptune soundtrack with a variation of a theme heard in both the titlescreen and in-game. The main music picks up in speed as the game progresses.