|Released:||April 27, 2014 (Newgrounds)|
|Featured:||June 16, 2014|
|Development time:||48 hours|
Hare's Harvest is a turnbase puzzle game uploaded to Newgrounds on April 27, 2014 by Michael Cook. It was featured on Pixel Love on June 16, 2014. The player controls a hare who tries to eat carrots without getting caught.
The game was an entry for Ludum Dare 29, whose theme was "Beneath the Surface". It tied in 78th place among other entries.
- Arrow keys - Move in respective direction
- Spacebar - Enter burrows
- R key - Restart level
The player moves Hare with the arrow keys and has to eat all the carrots within the level to proceed to the next. Each level begins with a sentence of narration and may also offer a tip regarding the level.
- Foxes - Chase Hare when he is within their line of sight.
- Farmer - Fires at an animal he faces, causing the animal to disappear from the level.
- Dogs - Chase Hare when he is within two tiles' reach of them.
- Carrots - Objects that need to be consumed in order to pass the level.
- Burrows - Holes in the ground that Hare can enter to access other holes in the ground.
- Stomped burrows - Holes that become inaccessible after one use.
Hare's Harvest has three musical tracks. The main track plays over the menu, first few levels of the game and ending. The other two tracks play in a specific sequence of levels that involve a particular enemy.