|Escape From Puppy Death Factory|
June 5, 2012
|Featured:||July 30, 2012|
|Data saved:||From last save point|
|Genre(s):||Shooter, Platform, Action, Adventure|
|Website(s):||Newgrounds, Adult Swim Arcade|
Escape From Puppy Death Factory is an action-puzzle platformer released by Adult Swim Arcade. It was featured on Pixel Love on July 30, 2012.
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- Up arrow key - Jump
- Spacebar - Fire
- Enter/P - Use the mini-map
Escape from Puppy Death Factory does not have levels. The game takes place on the planet earth that has been ravaged by a nuclear war. The objective of the game is to rescue all thirty-one puppies, placed in various locations across the planet and defeat the General. To get into the general's chamber, the player has to collect the thirty-one puppies across the planet.
The location where the puppies are is indicated by a pink square on the map. All puppies can be obtained by the player, as one room in the Sewers section of the game holds a puppy that can be seen by some as seemingly impossible to get, but can be obtained.
From the art and gameplay, it is easily recognizable that Escape from Puppy Death Factory is heavily inspired by the two Nintendo games Metroid II and Super Metroid (alternatively referred to as Metroid 2 and Metroid 3, respectively).
- The player's character is dressed in a dog version of Samus's (the main character of the Metroid series) Power Suit.
- The player's ship is based off Samus's ship used in Metroid II and Super Metroid.
- The area the player starts off in is almost a near replica of the place Samus starts off in Metroid II and Super Metroid.
- The rocky platforms used in the game are near replicas of the ones used in Super Metroid.
- The intro is very similar to Super Metroid's intro.
- The planet the player being on being split into multiple parts is a reference to a common element in all Metroid games.
- The game's objective is actually a reverse of the player's objective in Metroid II. Metroid II's objective is to kill all the Metroid's scattered throughout the planet, in Escape from Puppy Death Factory the player is trying to save the various puppies scattered throughout.
- The method of the screen turning black and moving in the direction of the room the player entered is a reference to the exact same effect used in all 2D metroid games.
|This navigational box contains a spoiler. Click [show] to open.|
The player finding a Kitten is a reference to the Baby Metroid from Metroid II.
- Main article: Earth#Inaccessible room
The game's soundtrack is available to download on the composer's website in response to an "overwhelming public demand".
|"Bomb Factory"||"In the Howl of the Mountain King"||"K9 From Outer Space"|
|"Lunch Silo"||"Mother Rain Puppy + Death Factory"||"Paws"|
|"Post Apawcalyptia"||"Slumdog"||"The Electric Pup Parade"|
|"The General"||"Title"||"Underground Jungle"|