| Mature content
Counter Terror contains mature content that is not suitable for all viewers. This includes, but is not limited to: sexual content, profanity, blood and drug references.
Articles dealing with mature subjects may include such content, but only for the situations where it is deemed necessary and no suitable alternate can be provided. Please read Nitrome Pixel Love Wiki:Mature content for more details.
February 21, 2013
|Featured:||February 25, 2013|
|No. of levels:||7|
Counter Terror is a platform-shooter game created by Moonloop and released on Newgrounds on February 21, 2013. It was featured on Pixel Love on February 25, 2013. The player, playing as Agent Fred, is tasked with the goal of rescuing hostages from Xevius Gradieus' death machine.
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- Up key - Aim up
- Down arrow key - Crouch, aim down while jumping
- key - Shoot
- C key - Use item
- S key - Switch between items
This section is incomplete. You can help Nitrome Pixel Love Wiki by adding missing information!Levels are divided into missions, with every two levels per given location. Difficulty levels can also be selected in the modes Easy, Medium or Hard.
The game begins with an introductory cutscene. A man with an eye patch over his right eye points at a picture that has the words "Counter Terrorist Unit" at the top of it with a stick.
Thank you for being here today, sirs. You're the best in your field and your country needs you.
|This navigational box contains a spoiler. Click [show] to open.|
The ending depicts Agent Fred and another agent presumably from the top of a building watching the sunset in a city. The two briefly talk about whether they will see Xevius Gradieus again, eventually reaching the conclusion that they'll just have to wait and see, and leave to go get hotdogs whereupon the words "The End" appear in the middle of the screen.
Several items can be found throughout stages that Agent Fred can pick up to add to his inventory. The player starts with a set number of each item at the very beginning of each stage. All items have no maximum capacity; they are determined by the number of items present in the stage.
- Grenades - Can be thrown to kill enemies from a farther distance away. It also destroys some walls and platforms.
- Flashbangs - When it explodes, it temporarily blinds enemies and sometimes Agent Fred, if he is too close.
- Ropes - Attaches to the ceiling and allows Agent Fred to climb up and move down it.
- Hostages - All hostages need to be found and interacted with before the player is allowed to complete the level. Rescuing hostages keeps the player's score at a high value, though killing hostages does not affect Agent Fred's ability to finish the stage he is currently in.
- Bulletproof vests - Allows Agent Fred to take one extra hit from bullets.
- Checkpoints - Agent Fred respawns from the last checkpoint touched upon dying.
|Bank levels||Cargo levels|
A video trailer showing off some scenes and gameplay was uploaded on April 4, 2012.