|Pivot||←||Blym||→||Wild West The Sheriff|
September 12, 2013
|Featured:||September 16, 2013|
|No. of levels:||40|
|Website(s):||A10.com, Newgrounds, Kongregate|
Blym is a puzzle platformer released on Newgrounds on September 12, 2013 by whileworking. It was featured on Pixel Love the Monday of September 16, 2013. The game is about a creature named Blym who decides to enter a teleporter discovered on his island.
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- Up arrow key - Jump
- block Down arrow key - Morph into
Blym has forty levels. Each sequence of ten levels takes place in its own designated area. When the final level of a set is completed, the game automatically transitions to the next set.
Upon clicking "Play" on the menu screen, the player is shown a prologue. Using the single arrow icon on the right, they can advance the series of pictures at their own discretion, or press the fast-forward button on the left to skip the introduction and go straight to the level select screen.
The sequence of text is as follows:
Blym lives on an island.
It was a normal day in Blym's life...
...but while he was strolling through the garden...
...he discovered a kind of teleporter.
"Let's try it out!" ...
|This navigational box contains a spoiler. Click [show] to open.|
Like the introduction, the ending is also a sequence of images. Blym is shown returning to the island, revelling in the adventure he just embarked on. He soon realises, however, that his hat did not make the journey back home. The end screen displays a picture of the island from a distance, with the letters "The End" at the top in white text. Clicking the arrow to proceed with the sequence will bring the player back to the main menu screen.
- Monsters - Remain near the ground and may walk or stay still. If Blym comes into contact with one, it will eat him.
- Birds - Fly in a certain pattern and carry Blym away on contact.
- Blocks - Square objects that Blym can merge into from the top.
- Cracked blocks break on contact with the ground.
- Teleporters - Complete the level when entered.
- Fans - Propel Blym upwards.
- Switches - A lever breaks chains off locked blocks.
- Spikes - Cover certain areas of land and kill Blym if he lands on them.
- Cannons - Continuously fire red bullets in a straight line.
- Electricity - Comes from generates which create a spark barrier that electrocutes Blym on contact. Most generators will make the barrier at regular intervals.
- Saws - Circular blades that can destroy blocks.
- Volcanoes - Spew out a red bullet or set of red bullets in an arc.
- Lava - Often lines the bottom of the last ten levels; it kills Blym on contact.
|Menu/Intro||Game set 1|
|Game set 2||Game set 3|
|Game set 4||Ending|